Summer time is peach time. Not in your house?
Well, you might be tempted after reading this recipe. It works very well with a spoonful or two of homemade vanilla ice cream.
For a 18cm diameter cake tin or 12 cupcakes you will need:
100g gluten free oat flour
100g gluten free bread flour (Doves farm)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
90g caster sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp bicarbonate
pinch of salt
50g pear sauce
100ml oat milk (*if made with rice drink)
100ml sunflower oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 large and ripe peaches (or canned peaches)
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade/Gas mark 5
– Place liners in a cupcake tray or grease your round baking tin
– Sift the flours and salt into a bowl. Add the baking powder. Stir in the sugar.
– In a separate bowl, mix together the oat milk, bicarb, vanilla, pear sauce and oil.
– Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix. You cannot overdue gluten free batter, so combine well.
– using a large nozzle, pipe the dough into cupcake liners or a tin
– place the peach slices neatly on top of dough
– bake for approx. 30 minutes, until a knife comes out clean. Avoid overbaking (cake will get dry).
– Cool on a wire rack.
– dust with icing sugar.
Best enjoyed on the day it is made. But also nice on the day after, since the peaches keep the cake moist.
# please be aware that rice drink is not recommended for children under the age of 5 due its arsenic content